As the anticipation of college builds up, take a few deep breaths, slow down & enjoy the remainder of your summer. Try some of these things before summer is over.
- Get an internship & maintain the network to build potential ones.
- Get a job & maintain the network to work during school breaks.
- Open a saving account & save at least 15 % or as much of your paycheck as you can.
- Read! Read! Read! Read as much as you can. Pick up the newspaper, your favorite book or a New York Best Seller.
- Hang with your friends & family. Bond with them & live in the moment.
- Appreciate Mother Nature. Go camping & learn to function without your smartphones, tablets, & laptops for a few hours or days.
- Study the art of meditation. Learn to be at peace with yourself. This will come handy when you are under a lot of pressure especially in school.
- Carry a journal & write daily even if it’s just random thoughts or your plans for the day.
- Attend workshops on time management, dealing with stress, financial ones & fitness.
- Spend all day & night at the beach.
- Attend museums & cultural venues. Explore, learn, & fuel your mind.
- Go on a road trip & explore other cities.
- Attend concerts, fairs, & festivals of all sorts
- Stargaze & enjoy the cool summer air.
- Throw a BBQ or attend as many as you can.
- Go on a vacation. Rejuvenate yourself.
Soak up the vitamin D. Enjoy the BBQ & refreshing drinks. Leave your footprints in the sand. Live in the moment & make summer worth it because before you know it, class will be in session.