There are hundreds and hundreds of colleges and universities. Finding the right ones to apply to can be overwhelming. Before you start your college search, you need to determine a few things to help narrow your search.
- Location: Do you want to be close to home or far away?
- Would you rather attend a private or public school?
- Cost of education. How much are you willing to pay for school? How many loans are you willing to take out?
- Majors and Minors. Is your major and/ or minor offered at the school?
- Size of school. Do you want a small, medium, or large campus?
- The size of a classroom & ratio of professor to student. 1 to 250 or 1 to 30?
- Do you want to dorm or commute?
- Campus life. What are the extra activities offer? Greek Life?
- Religious affairs.
- Setting: City, Urban, Rural, or Suburban
- Test Score: Where does your test score falls in terms of the school?
Good luck with your search.
Once you determine these things, click on the link https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search & plug in your results. Using your answers, the website will provide a list of colleges & universities that match your interests.